Tuesday, 8 March 2011
7 things about me
My dear friends, thank you so much for this award. I have been reluctant to accept because I am not very good at speaking about myself. In true Canadian fashion, I am somewhat modest :)
So, if any of you care enough to read on, here are 7 things about me that you may not know.
1. I am a homebody. After working all day, I love coming home. I often don’t answer the phone. My friends don’t usually just come over. They know that I love my alone time and have learned to love me with my quirkiness.
2. If I could do any job in the world, it would be decorating homes for marginalized people. People that often don’t have the resources to make their homes comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. I am currently helping out a young mum with two wee girls. She needs everything and I’m scraping together bits and pieces here and there. After I get her the necessities, I want to create a great bedroom, just for her. She is the sweetest girl and a great mum to her little one’s. She tries her best every day. She is my niece.
3. I don’t like to cook
4. I love making things with balloons and I love face painting. I can be found twisting and painting at parties in the greater Toronto area. It has taken a back seat to my love of decorating and crafting, but it is still a true passion of mine. I hope to revive my business this coming summer.
5. I grew up in the projects. Yes, we have them here in Canada :) I couldn’t wait for the day when I could kiss it goodbye. I have created a life for myself far removed from how I grew up and I am thankful for it.
6. I would love to spend another day with my maternal Grandmother. She loved me like no one else did, encouraged me and saw potential that others did not. She was beautiful. She loved to sing, but honestly, she wasn’t very good at it. LOL. I never told her that.
7. When I retire, I hope to move somewhere warm for 6 months of the year. I absolutely hate the cold. Unfortunately, retirement is still a long way off.
So there you go. Not very interesting, but it’s me.
I pass this on to all of the warm and wonderful blog friends I have met over the last year. No pressure, but if you do decide to write about yourself, be sure to let me know.