Friday 7 October 2011

My newest toy – a DSLR

I have no idea what I’m doing, yet. But I’ll learn.

I picked this up used from Kijiji. It’s a few years old, but that doesn’t matter as it works fine and does exactly what I need it to do. It was less than $300! came with the lens kit (18-70mm)as well as a 50mm lens, and a 4GB memory card, strap, manuals etc.

If you are considering a DSLR, but don’t want to shell out the big bucks for a new one, this is a perfect way to get your feet wet.

DSC06959

That’s me, happy happy happy :)

All of these photos are straight out of the camera, on auto. As I said, I have no idea what I’m doing. ha ha.

My son

DSC06914

My daughter

DSC06926

Daughter’s BFF

DSC06919

DSC06994

DSC06998

It’s a beautiful day here, forecasted to be sunny and warm all weekend. I’m working on updating my dining room this weekend as the stripes never really sat well with me.

Also on the agenda is a hike to take in the autumn colours, Thanksgiving dinner at my BFF’s and a long weekend. Perfection.

I hope you have a beautiful day.

3 comments:

  1. I totally had a Nikon D80, and never learned to use it. I sold it when i moved from Germany. Bought an awesome point and shoot, and I love it. I am positive you will have better luck with yours, and cannot wait to see your awesome new photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am SO excited for you! These photos are so fabulous already, I'm sure you will be a pro in no time. I keep saying I need to learn to take better pictures, once I do I might take the plunge and get one of these also. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo awesome!!! I hope you have such a great time and enjoy the new toy. Especially the hike, should be some great pics.

    ReplyDelete