Sunday 1 September 2013

Faux Bamboo barrel chairs

I have sold all of my faux bamboo Chippendale chairs and made enough to pay 3/4 of the cost of my new fridge!  Moving on, I found a set of 3 faux bamboo barrel chairs for $30 each.

I think the fabric is original and the owners said that they bought them in the early 70’s, one for each of their sons. I get the heeby jeebys thinking about these chairs sitting in each of their bedrooms throughout their teens. LOL. The finish is worn and there are small imperfections to the caning, but they are sturdy and definitely worthy of an update. I was able to find a stamp on the bottom of one of the chairs that said, Made in Italy. The following pictures are from the posting on Kijii.

faux bamboo barrel chairs

$(KGrHqJ,!qgFI,5)lfBRBSIlVtCKtw~~48_35

$T2eC16V,!zcFIdpuNtwIBSIlZWYHsw~~48_35

I started searching to find similar chairs and was able to find quite a few examples of refurbished chairs.

I really like these ones, but finishing the sides as well as the seat is a little too ambitious for me.

XXX_8472_1340395779_1

source

If the finish on my chairs wasn’t in such rough shape, I would have liked to leave them in their natural state. Oh well.

images

source

So that’s what I am working on right now. I am going to start with one and see how it goes. I am using fabric that I already bought and didn’t use as planned, so that will save me some money. I hope to be able to reveal the chair on Monday, it depends on if the weather cooperates or not.

I’m going to the Drive-In tonight with my kids, so I have to get a nap in later this afternoon; does anyone else love naps?

Happy Labour Day!

4 comments:

  1. Ditto Cassie! You find the best chairs, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love naps, although, sometimes, they don't love me. Yaaaay! for selling the chairs and double whoot whoot for the new find :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love naps, although, sometimes, they don't love me. Yaaaay! for selling the chairs and double whoot whoot for the new find :D

    ReplyDelete