Saturday 14 January 2012

Blooming flowers

My buddy gave me an Amaryllis for Christmas and it bloomed this week!  It’s so lovely to see flowers when it’s so miserably cold outside.

How beautiful is this!!!

amaryllis2 amarylliscropped

She also gave me a hyacinth and it smells heavenly

hyacinth2

This rose was from the spray at my sisters funeral; it’s still going strong

Rose

Also, I have a give away going on. You can win a stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils. Visit this post. 

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mel! Your Amaryllis is gorgeous! I gave up on my paperwhites, I think it was too cold in the windowsill for the poor things, they got tall and then shriveled. I love the smell of hyacinths, and I cannot wait for Spring! Nice photo taking too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is beautiful, what a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm I love the smell of hyacinth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty!! I love that color, I'm used to the red ones. Nothing blooming around here, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete