Thursday 26 January 2012

slow progress – claw foot table

sheesh, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I don’t know how you guys knock off painted furniture so quickly!

I’ve sanded, primed and have my first coat of paint on, and it feels like I’ve been at it for weeks :)

I ran out of my go to primer, Zinsser oil base, and when I went to the store to get more, I found an odourless one! Thank goodness, because I am painting indoors. It really doesn’t have an odour. But, it still irritated my eyes.

DSCN3019

The colour I chose to paint it with is Cottage White, in Behr premium plus. I am really liking it, and it was free at the recycle centre.

DSCN3021See that roller, I bought it at the dollar store and it’s FANTASTIC!  Smooth as butter.  Here is a shot with the paint next to the primer so that you can get a read on the cottage white.

One coat down, hopefully only one more to go.

DSCN3023

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Mel. It's already 5 million times prettier! Can't wait to see it finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't understand how everyone paints to quickly either. Great table and it looks super. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a coffee table like yours when I was growing up. My Mom bought it at a thrift shop and painted it white like yours. We loved it! I love yours too!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it's looking great already :D
    I think they have a professional paint booth, with massive heat lamps and a spray gun....or they just don't let everyone know how difficult it is or people like me wouldn't try. hehheheehe

    ReplyDelete