Friday 22 June 2012

Abstract and funky art–thrift store score

Last night, my daughter and I stopped at the local GW Boutique and spotted this amazing acrylic on canvas triptych. They wanted $10 each, which was out of my league, but I knew that today was going to be 50% off day.

Lucky me, they were still there when I went today.

My daughter wants them in her room once I grow tired of them.

DSC08647

I love how moody they are, and because of all of the colour, I can add some more colour to my dining room. I’m thinking orange!

DSC08662

What I wouldn’t give for a wide angle lens. My dining room is small, but even a regular lens can’t capture it all. If I backed up any further I would fall down the stairs.

I have 5 different projects on the go right now, and can’t seem to finish any of them.  I’m just not feeling inspired. I’m going to chalk it up to the incredibly hot days we have had.  I bet there are lots of you that think it doesn’t get hot in Canada….huh!  With the humidity it was 44 C, converted that is 111 F.  I had cankles, for pete’s sake!!! Smile

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. A D O R E ! ! What a great buy!!!

    Sorry about your weather, it's a major reason why I left Ontario years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great score, and yes it's H-O-T!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome in your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing. Even at $30 it's a good deal but $15 is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! we never have anything that cool in any of the gw's here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Score!! Love the idea of adding orange - it's such a fun color
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete