Sunday 24 June 2012

Night stands updated with diy chalk paint

The night stands in my bedroom are boring. I bought them at a grocery store many years ago.  I like that they are high and reach the side of my bed easily, where traditional night stands are too short.

The problem was that, against my dark wall you couldn’t even see them. Now you can see them and they look a whole lot better.

DSC08697

Here you can see how they just blended in to the wall

DSCN2534

I bought some foam core from the dollar store and wenn through my fabric stash, to make an easily changeable table top. I used tuck tape to secure the fabric. This is the stickiest tape ever. Totally amazing stuff.


DSCN3522

Before

DSC08687

After

DSC08695

DSC08698

Sharing at


How to Nest for LessPrimitive and Proper

14 comments:

  1. it's amazing how much lighter the whole feel is now! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Mel! Love that touch of pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is just beautiful!
    I love the fabrics you used.

    I am a new follower- and I enjoyed visiting.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, you are the bomb diggity girl! :) love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simple change makes for a huge difference. The power of paint in action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Mel! The overall look is so calm and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did and they really do stand out now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that fabric, great update!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, super job! I love the colors and feel of the whole room! I especially love the M above the bed. What a wonderfully cozy room.

    I also love your blog header and cute pic of you!

    Miss you and blogging, it's just been crazy!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. I do a Blog Hop tomorrow, Wednesday, every week. I would love to have you link your post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop at
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    Hope to see you there. Have a great day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look gorgeous - I love them!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back
    Hugs
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  12. They really do stand out now. Nice job . I love the idea of using that style tray table for a night stand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe those were supermarket tables! Love the lighter/brighter look.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete