Saturday 2 June 2012

Anchor Yourself – diy art

I am not a huge fan of displaying motivational phrases in my home, but when I saw the Anchor Yourself poster on Pinterest, it had special meaning to me.

To me, it means to hold on to what is right in your heart, to keep yourself grounded, to rely on my faith, and keep my family in high regard.

Anchor Yourself DIY art at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

Here is my inspiration. I am not able to find the original source.

images

I started with a wooden anchor that I bought at the thrift store for $2.00. It had some peg hooks that I removed.

Anchor Yourself DIY art at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

I gave it a couple of coats of spray paint, cut out the lettering with my Cricut and used the frame on my gallery wall.

Anchor Yourself DIY art at JunkinJunky.blogspot.com

So that’s my $2.00 update. What do you anchor yourself to?

I'm sharing at

Positively SplendidUndertheTableandDreamingFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

13 comments:

  1. Love this! Man, what CAN'T you find at a thrift store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute!! my husband is in the navy, so i realllly want one for my house too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the One who sacrificed His Life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the black on white one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anchors... and nicely put!! It's great to have a lovely and artful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Your gallery wall is stunning and they inspiring quote? Lovely! Beautiful job, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool idea! I can't tell you if I EVER saw an anchor out thrifting - do you live near a harbor, or are you just lucky like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this! Such an inspiring quote and the anchor was a great find. Terrific job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous and I love the saying below the anchor. Very nice. Thanks for linking up to The Cure for the Common Monday. I hope you will stop by sometime, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really nice. Love the meaning behind the anchor..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great piece! I adore anchors! Thanks for linking up to The Cure for the Common Monday. Stop by and say hello sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Spring always means nautical for me, so this is perfect!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally fabulous gallery wall! I just say you featured at DIY showoff. I was wondering where you found the antler plaques- they are just perfect in your space!!
    xo Becca

    http:/gardenberger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete