Friday 3 May 2013

Add colour to the entry

I came home from work today and as I walked up to my door I noticed how boring and blah it looked. After such a long and snowy winter, I am craving some colour.

I dug in my stash and found some bright spray paint and fabric and within an hour I added some needed colour. 

DSCN4636

This is what I came home to, how depressing.

DSCN4635

Much better

DSCN4637

We don’t have much blooming yet in this part of the world, so I picked up some potted pansies that were marked down 50%, left overs from Easter. Speaking of this part of the world, I’ve added a “Meet Mel” page (at the top), maybe some of you would like to know a little more about me than just seeing a picture of my face :)

I hope to work on my kitchen this weekend if my chest infection will allow me to work without hacking up a lung or two. Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love the "Hello" on your door. I feel like your Cricut might have been involved - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab! and if I were you, I'd paint my front door the same colour and spraypaint the doorknob black. If you don't mind my saying so...

    Yay for spring & summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really brightens up your entry! You're so talented!! I am going to check out more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, wonderful what a little color will do after a long dreary cold winter. Us too here in western CO.
    Been adding color and springy stuff anywhere I could. Painted a little table light aqua and coral to use as a night stand in our room. Snazzying up our front porch.
    Hope by now you're feeling better, I think the same darned virus was all over the country and then some. I had it for 3 weeks or so. How my hubs escaped I don't know but I have asthma so more inclined to get that kind of nasty. Take care and keep on making a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! Just what your entry way needed...like a friend who is always happy to see you! Bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference! The bench is so bright and cheery! A pretty nice welcoming to all your visitors.

    ReplyDelete