Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother’s Day

How amazingly lucky I am to be a Mum, to have a Mum and to know so many amazing Mums. Even if you are not a mother, it is still a day to celebrate, as we are all born of Mothers.

Yesterday I got to spend the day with an amazing mother, my best friend, Lorraine. We shuffled off to Buffalo to do some shopping. We had a blast and came home with some thrifty treasures. We did not intend to go to a thrift store, but we found one and came home with some great treasures.  I also had it out with my GPS whom decided to give up on me as we were leaving. Grrrr.

We hit up Hobby Lobby and Joanne’s, neither of which I had been to before. I was finally able to get my hands on some Rub N Buff. I bought the golf leaf and although it said it was only for porous surfaces, I decided to try it on this pot. It’s a little blotchy but I love it. It definitely kicked it up a notch. Now I’m looking around to see what else can use some gold leaf around here, nothing it safe :)

DSC00155

 

Target was our next destination where I picked up this Ikat like shower curtain to make some cushion covers.

DSC00158

At the thrift store I found a pair of white linen pants, some new Converse Chuck Taylors with pink trim and this groovy pair of Franco Sarto shoes.  I have a thing for patent leather and loafers, so these were a steal at $3.99. Love them!

(excuse the pasty white feet)

DSC00153

Happy Mother’s Day!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day Mel, love the shoes (and the price tag too!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Mel! I hit Target, too, it just opened here :) I found a bedspread and shams that were PERFECT. I found an awful lot of things I wanted, it was hard to walk away. I am in such trouble!!! lol

    Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've had a wonderful Mother's day, Mel! That Rub N Buff's been in my -to buy list for a long time. Pretty shoes, the price is even prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those loafers are adorable and a steal! I haven't been to Hobby Lobby either. We don't have any around here! Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun :) sounds like a blast, hope you had a fabulous mother's day. By the way that's not pasty, it's creamy; I should know I have the same color. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day to you too Mel. It sounds like it was a good one!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete