Sunday 5 May 2013

Junkin Finds

My daughter and I went out junkin yesterday to look for some summer clothes. She scored big time with some great brand name stuff. I told her she is lucky that we don’t wear the same size, or I’d be raiding her closet.

I also found some pretty neat stuff. For a dollar each, I found 8 of these fab place mats. I just love the pattern and the colours.  I used 4 of them to make cushions.

Place mat cushions

Place mat cushions

Place mat cushions

And 4 of them for a make shift table runner, that will be moved when I need to use them at a place setting.

Place mat cushions at Junkin Junky

Place mat cushions at Junkin Junky

Last week I showed you some of my favourite tea pots. I found another one!  A little darling bunny for 3 dollars!

animal tea pots at Junkin Junky

8 comments:

  1. Great scores! Your teapots are so cute! I headed down to Welland a couple weekends ago and hit up the GBF in Grimsby, the BFM in Beamsville and Goodwill in St. Cs and Welland, it was epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is just gorgeous!
    And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that bench in your eating area - it's beautiful!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel, you're fast, the pillows are all done! I love them, beautiful prints! I also went out thrifting with my daughter yesterday, she was the one with good finds, but we both have a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You waste no time! The pillows look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty, awesome finds :) so glad you feeling better. Not to mention that bunny pot is adorable!!! squeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some GREAT things. I'm itching to go junking again. It's been too long. Those place mats are gorgeous...especially as cushions!! The tea pot is adorable and I love how it adds to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is beautiful and it does make a pretty pillow - lucky find!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lucky you Mel! I love those placemats. I'm forever looking, but never seem to find any that would work. Or maybe I just lack your imagination! It was a great idea to only use one for each of the pillows, and use a plain color fabric for the back...it makes them go further. And I like how you laid the rest out as a table runner. You're so resourceful! Have a great day!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete