Monday 27 December 2010

Updating the entry and powder room

I have a few days off of work, so I decided to put them to use.

I bought a blue paint that I thought would read grey/blue, but it just reads blue. I’m going to experiment and add some grey, wish me luck.

This space is tired and still has my old colour scheme going on. I am limiting my update to things I already have in the house, some mouldings and paint.

Here is the embarrassing before, although our coats and shoes have been cleared out.

The mirror and light fixture are staying. The vent has to stay as it vents the shower in the basement.

001

This ugly door hides the kitchen to my basement apartment. It was originally the laundry room and that’s why there are vents in the door. The laundry room was relocated to the closet where the sliding mirror doors are. My furnace is also in there and it’s very tiny. I have nowhere to hang our coats. I’m going to have to come up with some creative storage for our coats and shoes.

002

I’m not sure what I was thinking when I painted the front door in the golden yellow. lol

The boob light will also be replaced. There is a bifold door to my powder room. It sucks but it was the best alternative to the original door, which hit the front door when it was swung open. There is no room for a pocket door as the vent runs to the left of it and there is not enough room to the right.

new mat

008

I’ve left this space for a long time as I had trouble coming up with a plan to make it look better despite all of the doors, what colours to use and actually finding the time to get to it. I don’t know about you, but I find smaller spaces are always so much more work.

I’m off to the hardware store to have them rip me some mdf for new baseboards.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel!! Never to late to say Merry Christmas! I love what your doing to your powder room! I've been a lazy blogger!!!

    cheers to 2011!
    love ya!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Mel!

    We're plotting over here too- and I'm sooo jealous of the days off! Can't wait to see what you're cooking up.

    Love and hugs,

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete