Tuesday 11 January 2011

updated bench

I have received lots of nice comments on this little bench, so I thought it deserved a post of it’s own :)
I bought it at the GW for $10, which I thought was a LOT of money. I paid that exorbitant amount any way because I knew that it would fit my space.
I needed something small, that was sturdy, with clean lines and didn’t take up too much visual space, since it was going in a very tight area at my entry.
Blah!
004
Much nicer
003
I am going to post this update at Cassie’s Piece of Work Wednesday party.

7 comments:

  1. i LOVE the look of it now! the silver is sooo much prettier, and also very glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!! Love the transformation!!! Looks especially nice with the rug and wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mel! I love your blog! Great bench makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you could see the wonderful potential through the ugliness!
    Now have a seat and enjoy your wonderful space!

    Megan

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great! I like the finish/fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally worth the $10, and the transformation is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That turned out fantastic! I like the metallic and that you kept the handles the original wood (I kinda wish I had done that!). Thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete